- Housing Options
- Apply For Housing
- Rates + Policies
- Resident Services
- Housing Portal
Moving out before taking any action to notify University Housing & Dining Services while your contract is still current will result in continuing charges, and may result in additional fees for an improper checkout. Please follow the steps listed below, based on the status of your contract.
All residence halls close at 5 p.m. on Friday of Finals Week at the end of Spring Term. Residents must move out by that time unless approved for a late stay or transitioning to summer housing.
1. Sign up. Set up a check out appointment with a UHDS staff member. You can schedule your appointment via Housing Portal.
2. Clean. Move all belongings out and completely clean the room. If you have excess belongings to get rid of, consider donating them. Campus Recycling sponsors an annual end-of-year residence hall donation drive and donation bins are located in each residence hall during June. If you have a UHDS-provided MicroFridge™ in your room, it must be emptied, defrosted, and cleaned prior to your room inspection appointment.
3. Room Inspection. After your room is empty and clean, a staff member from your residence hall will inspect your room. If your room is not empty and clean at the time of your appointment, you will be asked to complete those tasks before you can check out.
4. Check out and turn in your key. Turn in your key at your Service Center within 30 minutes of your checkout appointment. If your Service Center is closed, turn in your keys to the RA on duty or the staff member who completes your room inspection. If your key is not returned, you will receive a $75 re-key charge.
5. Check your account. Check your student account at Housing Portal for any charges or fees based on the condition of your room or move out.
Check your Oregon State email for a message from University Housing & Dining Services containing your move-out deadline.
Potential Fees: Failure to follow checkout procedures may result in an improper checkout fee of $50.00 or a cleaning fee up to $250. Failure to turn in key will result in a re-key charge of $75 per lock. This means that if you have more than one key (such as suite keys), you will incur multiple $75 charges if not turned in on time.