Students admitted through the INTO OSU Program should contact for all housing and dining questions.

First-year students

Oregon State University has implemented a First Year Experience (FYE) program to connect students with key campus resources, build community, and provide academic support and services designed to enhance student success, satisfaction, and retention.

As part of the First Year Experience program, Oregon State University requires full-time, first-year students to live on campus. First-year students are students who are enrolling at Oregon State University within one year of their graduation from high school, who have not previously been regularly-enrolled students at another institution of higher education following high school graduation. There are many options for on-campus housing for first-year students.


Transfer, Exchange & Graduate Students

Degree-seeking students who are beyond their first year in college and are transferring from another institution, on an exchange program, or doing graduate work, have the option to live on campus but are not required to do so. Learn more about on-campus housing for transfer & graduate students.

Students who are beyond their first year in college are not guaranteed a space in on-campus housing, and are encouraged to apply early. Off-campus housing through non-university landlords and property management companies is available in the Corvallis area.


Applying for housing


Students can apply for housing at any time after they have been admitted to the university.

Students who apply after the priority deadline will still be eligible to live on campus, but they will be paired with a roommate by the housing assignments office.


Apply For HousingSet up your ONID email

Living on campus

Students are eligible to move into their on-campus accommodations one day prior to the start of International Student Orientation

International appliances may not work in residence halls.  All residence space has standard North American outlets with 120 volts. An adaptor and/or converter may be needed for items (computer, hair dryer, etc.) purchased outside of the United States. To see a list of appliances that are allowed in the residence space, see the What to Bring page

Privacy on campus & spiritual space
Cancellation policy

To cancel your housing contract after moving in, students will need to meet with the Resident Director to begin the cancellation process. If the cancellation takes place after moving in, students will be responsible for the fee of the remaining Contract Term excluding unused Dining Dollars.

Exchange Students leaving at the end of the Fall or Winter term can cancel their contract without paying the cancellation fee by going through the cancellation process

If you are no longer going to attend the University, you will not be subject to fee associated with breaking the Contract.

View Contract


Dining Plans are required for all students who live on campus.  Description of dining plans can be found on the Meal Plan Options page

UHDS has many dining options throughout campus, including vegan and vegetarian, gluten-free, and Halal. For more information on specialty dining options, or to meet with our nutritionist to find dining options that meet your needs, visit the Nutrition page

UHDS Dining Plans do not work at non-UHDS facilities (Memorial Union, Kelley Engineering, Valley Library, etc.).  Students wishing to eat at these locations are encouraged to use Orange Rewards.  

Scholar Housing

Scholar housing is available to visiting scholars, researchers, and interns year-round through our residential conferences office.

For more information or to apply for Scholar Housing, visit the Scholar Housing


Graduate & Family Housing

Graduate & Family housing is available to OSU graduate students and students with families. Students interested in this housing option should be aware that the wait is generally between 16-24 months, depending on what type of apartment you are eligible for and your placement on the waiting list.

For more information or to apply for Family Housing visit the Family Housing


Off Campus Housing

Students who do not fall under the FYE requirements may choose to live off campus. Students are encouraged to use the following resources to help find off-campus housing in the Corvallis community. 

Off Campus Living Guide  Off-Campus Housing  Daily Barometer Renter's Guide

Student Conduct and Community Standards

Students are expected to follow the UHDS Community Standards policy. Language barrier or lack of knowledge of UHDS rules and regulations is not an acceptable excuse for breaking policy. Students will be held accountable for policy violations. A full version of the UHDS Policy Guide can be found here.


Question? We can answer that

See the most asked question and their answer on our Frequently Asked Question page.

You can also reach our office via email. We are happy to answer your questions. If you are a student admitted through the INTO OSU Program address your housing and dining questions to INTO housing via email.