The services, skills, and time of a professional staff member are available in each Residence Hall. Visit your hall's page to find contact information for professional staff in your building.


Resident Directors

Each residence hall has a live-in Resident Director (RD) who is responsible for the management of the housing complex, its various facilities and operations, and for the development of the residential population. RDs are full-time, professional staff members with master's degrees, who supervise the other residential life staff, support the student government, encourage recreational, social, educational and cultural programming and are available for individual counseling and referrals to other university services.


Academic Learning Assistants

Each residence hall has an Academic Learning Assistant, a student staff member whose job is to help support the academic needs of residents. This may include providing advice, helping students engage with faculty, and helping students access tutoring and support services available on campus.


Diversity Learning Assistant

These student staff members help educate students about issues of social justice and serve as liaisons to the cultural centers available on campus.


Resident Assistants

Each residence hall floor (about 30-55 students) has a Resident Assistant (RA) who is selected and trained to assist with student concerns, personal, social, and academic needs, and general university and community issues. In addition, these staff members are trained to handle emergency situations, enforce university and residence hall policies and regulations, and carry out general administrative tasks.


Maintenance & Custodians

University Housing & Dining Services has its own maintenance staff and custodians. Staff performs daily common area cleaning, trash removal/recycling, and minor repairs through resident-initiated work order requests. Residents may request repairs or service at any time through MyUHDS.


Resident Tutoring

Tutors provided by UHDS hold sessions weekly in each campus dining center; on-campus residents can make an appointment or just drop in to receive services. In addition, some Living-Learning communities offer additional tutoring specific to the subject areas of their residents.