Please Read First
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Homestay Host at Oregon State University. University Housing and Dining Services will utilize the information you provide below match you with a student in need of a Homestay host.
Before you begin the application below, please review the expected amenities. If at any time you have questions about the application process please contact University Housing & Dining Services by phone at +1-541-737-8754 or by email.
At a minimum Homestay Hosts are required to provide the following amenities to their student(s):
- Internet access
- Private sleeping area with a comfortable adult sized bed, study desk or table and chair, adequate lighting for study and space for the students clothes and personal belongings
- Necessary bed linens
- Private study area
- Access to laundry facilities
- One cooked meal per day and access to food for additional meals/snacks. Students will have a limited dining plan that will allow them to purchase lunch on campus.
- Access to kitchen facilities
- Homestay Hosts are expected to provide an engaging environment that will facilitate the student's immersion into a new culture.
- Homestay Hosts should be willing to be flexible and patient as every moment will be a learning opportunity for both the host and the student.
Oregon State University, Housing and Dining Services Homestay Program requires that Homestay Hosts pass a background check through the State of Oregon which can take 3 to 6 weeks.
Please read before you submit this completed application form.
By submitting this form each host confirms that:
1. My/our family gives permission for the UHDS Homestay Program Representative to do an inspection of my/our home.
2. My/our family agrees to be interviewed by a representative of the UHDS Homestay Program.
3. I/We understand that the completion of this application is not a guarantee that an international student will be placed in my/our home. Selection of homestay families is based on references, application, and ability to closely match participants and families.
Phone: +1 541 737 4771
Phone (toll-free): +1 800 291 4192
Contact us via email
Copyright © Oregon State University, 2014