There's so many reasons to live in the heart of Beaver Nation ...
Changes and updates for Fall 2016 Returning Resident Applicants
*$50 contract signing fee will be charged to your student account.
*$900 room rate discount is available only to current OSU students. Transfers from other institutions and new students are not eligible for returning resident discount. Discount will be applied to student accounts once per academic term in the amount of $300. If a student moves out of the halls midterm/year and breaks their contract this discount is forfeited.
Living with University Housing & Dining Services for another year gives returning residents great benefits:
- All returning residents get a $100/month rebate on their room rate! Save a total of $900 for the year, as a sign of appreciation for your loyalty and being committed to the on campus environment. It will be credited to your student account once each academic term in the amount of $300.
- Get the first pick of rooms on campus. Students who fill out a housing interest from can select their rooms starting April 1.
- Save 25% off food in dining centers with your resident discount! Only campus residents can claim this new greater 25% discount with their dining plan starting next fall.
- Avoid the hassle of off-campus rentals. Living on campus means one bill and no required deposits or security fees! All utilities, WiFi and laundry facilities are included.
- Live with other upperdivision students in Tebeau, Halsell or Bloss halls. While first year students are required to live on campus, a growing number of upper-division and transfer students find equal value and benefits from living on campus. To further accommodate students who are older than our traditionally-aged first year students, we have created a program geared towards providing upper-division students the tools and opportunities to prepare for the future after college through focusing on five distinct areas: career planning, leadership and involvement, academic enhancement, experiencing diversity, and enhancing community.
- One Bill, Many Perks: Save that security deposit! All amenities are included! Enjoy high-speed Internet, cleaning services for restrooms and common area, late-night food delivery service, free laundry rooms and free streaming movies via Beaver Movie Channel. Returning students receive a $900 rebate off the total cost of their on-campus housing contract.
- PAC-12 Pride: On-campus residents have exclusive access to view all OSU games through the Pac-12 Networks! Watch via your TV, laptop or device. Internet-provided TV service is also available for purchase through a contract with Comcast.
- Safety and Security: Professional staff reside in all buildings. While you can’t always be there to support your student in person, know that UHDS staff is there to help your student manage the stress of college life. You can rest assured knowing that Oregon State Police is on campus and the first to respond in an emergency.
- Buying Power: Residents receive 25 percent off the retail price on all prepared food in dining centers when they use their meal plan. Residents can also save 10 percent at campus coffee shops and markets when they use their meal plan or Orange Rewards. ere are 18 UHDS locations featuring everything from organic, local produce, made-to-order sandwiches, vegan and vegetarian offerings and a variety of global cuisine.
- Academic Support: Students on campus are more likely to create study groups and can utilize free tutors in their dining centers every week of the term. Students who live on campus are more likely to graduate sooner than those who live off-campus.
- Student Employment: Students who live on campus gain proximity to nearly 1,000 job opportunities in UHDS alone. On-campus work equals flexible work schedules, work study positions and a very short commute! On-campus employers are invested in student success.
- Flexible Contracts: OSU students wanting to study aborad or pursue an off-campus internship during the academic year can cancel their UHDS contract with no penalty to participate in an OSU affiliated or sponsored program.
- Halls for Upper-Division Students: Returning students can live in any residence hall, but many choose to live in our returning student communities. These include Halsell Hall, Tebeau Hall and Bloss Hall. Students in these buildings live in suite-style rooms with a more private bathroom and shower. Some suite styles include common areas and kitchens as well. Students living in these communities must be at least 20 years old OR a transfer student OR a returning student.
- Discount on Summer Session 2016: For students who have a signed UHDS contract for 2016-17 that are living in Summer Session 2016 housing, the student will receive $300 off of their room rate for the summer. This will be prorated for the amount of weeks a student lives on campus during the summer (i.e. a student who lives on campus for a four week summer session receives a prorated amount of the $300 discount for their four weeks on campus).
To learn more about these options, please contact UHDS via email or by calling 541-737-4771.