- Housing Options
- Apply For Housing
- Rates + Policies
- Resident Services
- OSU Catering
Poling Hall is one of two homes for the College of Business Living-Learning Community (LLC) known as Innovation Nation, housing approximately 300 students interested in business, leadership, professional development, innovation, and entrepreneurship. Poling is 4 floors and part of the residence hall quad on the west side of campus. There is a full-time, master's level, live-in Resident Director serving Poling Hall along side two Resident Assistants (RAs) on each floor, a Community Relations Facilitator and an Academic Learning Assistant (ALA). Rooms are co-ed by neighbor with a men's and women's bathroom on each floor. Poling Hall was upgraded in 2010.
Starting Fall 2017, each hall will have a mix of gender-specific and non-gendered bathrooms.
All freshmen pursuing a major with the College of Business will be required to live in Poling or Weatherford per the new College of Business academic requirement for the First Year Experience.
First year College of Business students who wish to appeal this requirement and live in a different residential hall need to submit a written request (from the student, parents cannot submit due to University FERPA restrictions) to Vaerine Bauder with a subject heading of “Appeal to Innovation Nation Live-in Requirement.”
The Innovation Nation LLC consists of students who live in one of the two Business themed residence halls (Weatherford or Poling) and participate in academically, intellectually, and socially engaging learning activities designed specifically for them. Innovation Nation is designed to:
• Facilitate student interaction with faculty in both formal and informal settings
• Promote student-to-student interaction through collaborative learning and peer mentoring
• Promote a learning-centered, student-first culture
• Enable the large OSU campus environment to feel smaller, more supportive, and easier to navigate
As part of this Living Learning Community, students will have access to the following:
• Required courses taught in Weatherford and Poling Halls
• B-Engaged Fall course (BA160)
• The Innovation Nation (BA161/BA162) Course Series
• A high-tech Makerspace
• Cross-disciplinary project opportunities with the Engineering LLC
• Entrepreneurship Club
• 16XOSU Social Entrepreneurship Club
• The Austin Entrepreneurship Program
• Senior Executive and Entrepreneur Dinners, Coffees, and Fireside Chats
• Highly engaged faculty and peer mentors - all with an open door policy
• A cohort of motivated business students
• Friday Symposiums
• Business themed events and activities
• Weekend adventure trips
Click here to watch a 360 video of Poling Hall. Use your mouse or the YouTube app on your phone/tablet to look around.