Eco2Go is a UHDS program that provides customers with reusable take-out containers. The goal of this program is to prevent plastic and other types of food container waste from reaching the landfill. We estimate that Eco2Go kept 400,000 disposable containers from the landfill in the first year alone!
How It Works
- Order your food to-go from a UHDS restaurant
- Eat and enjoy
- Empty out your container
- Rinse and leave flat and open to dry
- Return your container
After emptying out your container, give it a quick rinse, return it to one of these locations:
- In the dish return at any UHDS dining center. This includes McNary, Marketplace West and Southside Station.
- In the return bin located on each floor of every UHDS residence hall.
- At one of many additional locations on campus, including
- Austin Hall
- Animal Life Sciences Building (ALS)
- Cascade Hall
- Dixon Recreation Center
- Covell Hall
- Learning Innovation Center (LinC)
- Kerr Administration Building
- Memorial Union (26th and Jefferson)
- Milam Auditorium
- Peavy Hall
- SEC Plaza
- Valley Library