OSU Catering is proud to promote responsible stewardship when it comes to our environmental practices. We made several fundamental shifts in our business processes in an attempt to lessen our carbon footprint. These are a few things we are particularly proud of:
- We are now composting 100% of our post-consumer food waste.
- We use commercially compostable utensils, cups, plates, and napkins as a standard.
- We partner with local food producers for much of our produce, dairy, seafood, and beef.
- We utilize our electric vehicle for short-range deliveries.
- We use B-20 diesel (20% bio-diesel) in our large delivery vehicles, a significant shift from the B-2 (2% bio-diesel) state mandate.
- Leftover food, kept at safe temperatures, is donated to the Linn-Benton Food Share program.
- We recycle our cardboard, paper, aluminum, tin, conventional plastics, soft plastics, and wine corks.
- We recycle our used cooking oil, which is then processed to make Bio-Diesel.
- Hosting a campus event? Fill out Campus Recycling's event services request.
These are some of the local vendors and businesses we have the privilege to partner with!
- Allann Bros. Coffee Co.
- Big River Breads
- Bob’s Red Mill
- Carlton Meats
- First Alternative Co-op
- Pacific Coast Fruit Distribution
- Pacific Seafood
- Rain Shadow El Rancho beef
- Special Occasions rentals
- Spring Valley Dairy
- Willamette Valley Cheese Co.
We encourage our customers to help us be responsible stewards by the nature of their orders. To help with our efforts, for your next event, please consider the following:
- Order beverages in bulk rather than individual cans & bottles.
- Our lunch platters can provide the same foods as our to-go sack or boxed lunches but without the extra waste.
- Use china instead of our compostable disposable products.
- Our vegetarian options are delicious and have less of an inherent carbon-footprint.
- Ask for an all-local menu, or all-organic!