Please note: All application dates and events begin at 2:00 pm Pacific Time on the day they are scheduled unless otherwise indicated.
- February 1, 2017: Fall 2017 new student application available (opens at 2 p.m. Pacific Standard Time) including exemption request application.
- March 1, 2017: Roommate matching search available for new students with completed applications.
- May 1, 2017: Housing application deadline for new students to be a part of online room selection (Room selection applies for students in LLCs only).
- May 15, 2017: Roommates must be confirmed by this date.
- May 19, 2017: New student room selection priority dates released to new students who applied for housing by May 1. (Room selection applies for students in LLCs only). Factors that can contribute to selection priority dates include: Housing application submission date, START registration, ATD payment date, and academic program.
- June 1-15, 2017: New student room selection for students who applied before May 1 and submitted other required information to OSU. Room selection applies for students in LLCs only. To be eligible to pick a room, you must:
- Pay your ATD (Advanced Tuition Deposit) committing to attend OSU
- Register for summer START orientation
- Apply for housing by May 1, 2016
- Select a Living-Learning Community (LLC), or be admitted to a program that is one of our LLCs
- June 16, 2017 – September 2017: Students who applied for housing and contract for a space after May 1, 2017 will be assigned on a rolling basis, based on the date their contract was signed. New applicants, who are not currently attending OSU, have until August 21, 2017 (4 (four) weeks prior to the start of the Contract Term) to cancel their Contracts without incurring a Cancellation Fee.
- March 1, 2017: Current OSU Students can apply for 2017-18 on-campus housing and sign a contract.
- March 31, 2017: Current OSU Students with completed applications receive their date and time to select a room for fall. Last day to confirm roommates as well.
- April 5, 2017 – May 5, 2017: Current OSU students may select their room assignment for 2017-18.
- May 15, 2017: Current OSU student contract cancellation deadline for 2017-2018. Students who cancel their contract after May 15, 2017 are held to the policies listed in the contract.
- May 16, 2017 - September 2017: Students who apply for housing after April will receive a housing assignment. There is a 72-hour period to accept or decline the assignment. After accepting a room assignment, there is two weeks (14 calendar days) from that date to cancel a housing contract without incurring a cancellation fee.
*A $50 contract signing fee will be billed to student accounts in September after a room has been selected or assigned.